SF Agents Forum  

Go Back   SF Agents Forum > FORUM REGISTRATION, TESTIMONIALS, RULES & TIPS > LEARNING ABOUT THE FORUM

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Premier Member

Default Specifics

Why is the forum great? Because when you have a specific issue, you can go there and get your answer! Very efficient. For example, you are thinking of trying out a new service and you can see how your fellow agents like it before making that commitment. When certain salespeople call, I just say, the other agents have nothing good to say about you. Goodbye.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Premier Member

Cool Communication is what it is all about

Good communications at ALL levels, particularly in our line of business I think is essential.

The forum adds a unique, efficient and valuable element to our ability to communicate with our piers on all kinds of subjects.

The only dumb questions or topics on the forum are those that are never asked or raised.

No reason to get frustrated either on the forum. If you are not interested or disagree, jumping to another topic is easy.

There is no requirement to participate but participation is what makes the forum worth your time.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:48 PM

Default You Need to Join This

My only regret about joining is that I wish I had joined earlier and had a little more time to use it. I know I would have saved 1k to 2k last year if I had checked out some vendors on this site before I signed up with vendor!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:15 AM

This is one of the best tools we have available to us. Who better to get an answer from or an opinion from than our fellow agents. I'm now in the habit of reviewing this site on a daily basis to see what good ideas are coming from agents all across the country. It can get better if more agents join. Spread the word! Thanks to Geoff for getting this started. Well worth the $11/year - if you only use 1 of the hundreds of ideas/helps here, you got your money's worth!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:16 AM

Thumbs up Spot - On

I can't say enough about the web page. After 14 years as an agent and 21 years with the company, I'm always looking for ways to "stay sharp" and keep motivated. This is a very informative, "real" forum and it's done in a very positive way. Negative agents are very easy to find. Being able to connect with an engaged group of business professionals who share real challenges and succeses isn't something I take for granted. This forum is just that.

As a former operations employee (bottom up), the toughest transition I made was realizing that I was "on an island" out here - alone some days. While I've made a point to stay in touch w/ local agents in an effort to share ideas, this is one of the best things I've been involved in. It's nice to know that other people are sharing the same challenges and enjoying the same rewards as me. Let's face it, this is a wonderful career and it's tough to share success with people outside the company who don't understand - and agents inside the company who don't understand. This is an outstanding group of positive, professional, like-minded folks. Kudos to Geoff for making it available!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:55 AM

Default Great Forum

This is a great place to share ideas. I have been an agent for 38 years, am still active, and enjoy what I do. I am on the site at least 2 or 3 times week reviewing the new Posts. Keep up the good work..
Old 09-20-2010, 10:22 AM

Default Great Site

Learning from other agents has always made me money and improved my business. This site let's us learn from agents from all over the country and from a wide range of experience.

I hope you will contribute your experience to the group.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:48 PM

Thumbs up Like an extra shoulder to lean on

I think of the forum as sort of a shoulder to lean on. Often, when I am feeling like I need some advice, or ideas, I look to the "Forum". It has been especially helpful when its not convenient to pick up the phone and call an agent friend ,or when I just want different ideas and perspectives. My agency is benefiting from the imformation I have gathered!
Old 10-05-2010, 03:31 PM

Haven't been a member for long but I can say that this is the most informative association with other agents that I have been invovled in in many years. Very informative site!
Old 10-05-2010, 04:00 PM

Smile Testimonial

I am a 17 year agent. I have enjoyed reading the various posts and how other agents are handling the various issues we face in todays environment. Weather it be employees, technology, marketing, advertising, contracts, etc. I am glad to see we try to keep it positive, but with good constructive feedback. I would recommend the site to other agents in my AFO as a resource. Would like to see more information on the following: pricing touch points for the Hispanic market, score card, technology issues as it relates to continuous system changes that eat into the efficentcies of processing. Example, trying to update face book page on the SF network is so slow, that it's too combersome. So I have to do updates from home on personal computer....I talked with corporate on this issue this week, they were not aware of. I could list 20 or 30 items like this that eat into my productivity. We, SF, are making progress, but all these technology issues tend to be a drain versus an enhancement.

Tags
testimonials