SF Agents Forum  

Go Back   SF Agents Forum > FORUM REGISTRATION, TESTIMONIALS, RULES & TIPS > LEARNING ABOUT THE FORUM

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Geoff Darst

Default Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is the purpose of the forum?

The purpose of the forum is to bring positive agents from across the country together in a venue that allows for the sharing of ideas and concepts that will help us improve our agencies. Only you can decide if you are a positive agent or need positive ideas. If that isn't you, please don't join

2. Why is there a cost to the forum?

There are hardware, software, hosting and administrative costs associated with the forum. It also requires a tremendous amount of time to verify and then re-verify down the road that all the members are only agents. I am the only administrator of the site so all the work is done by me. This helps assure that your personal information is only ever seen by one person.

3. Who is allowed to join the forum?

Only agents are allowed to join the forum. A request to join is not honored until someone's agency status can be verified. Sponsors of the forum have been allowed to join, but only have access to their own individual forum. Sponsors do not have access to any other forum beyond their own and can't see any posts or information outside of their own forum.

4. Why is management not allowed to join?

While we feel that there are many people in management that can bring many good ideas to the table, it is a fact that agents tend to be more open in their communication when surrounded by other agents. The forum is an avenue for agents to share with other agents in an environment where their privacy is protected. There are already plenty of outlets for agents and management to interact, but very few for just agents.

5. How can an agent remain anonymous on the forum?

You are welcome to register any username and email address that you would like. You dictate whether you are anonymous or not. Please remember that if you choose to be anonymous, the administrator has to be able to verify your agency status before you are granted permission to join.

6. What kind of things are discussed on the forum?

Well, a little bit of everything, from the latest sales tip to effective methods of conserving ink in your printers. There is really no topic that is off the table. The only rule is that you have to remain positive and we are not permitted to discuss bank or mutual fund products. We can discuss negative topics and events but it must be done in manner that is positive and with the intent to help or improve the situation. The forum is all business. It's a resource to turn to for anything related to your agency.

7. Is my email address public on the forum?

No. Your email is not available for others to see on the forum. The forum gives you the ability to email another agent directly from the forum, but your physical email address is hidden. The only public information that is shared on the forum is your username and your join date. However, you have the ability to create a profile and share as much or as little information as you would like.

8. What makes this forum different from other forums out there?

We are the only forum whose mission is to bring positive agents together from across the country in a secure and private setting. Think of it as a very large agent study group but without the time and expense associated with traveling. We have no hidden agenda beyond that. We are not associated with any other forum or association. Our forum is also highly organized, allowing you to quickly find the information that you are looking for. We also utilize software designed specifically for forums, allowing for a more professional appearance and organization.

9. How long has the forum been around?

The forum originally started on Facebook in April 2009. Due to privacy concerns and after a collective vote, it was moved to its own secure website in December 2009.

10. Has the forum been reviewed or approved by compliance?

The concept of the forum has been reviewed by compliance. However, compliance has not been on the actual website. Per their request, this statement is posted at the top of each page of the forum:

"THIS IS NOT A ***** **** SPONSORED WEB SITE. ***** **** HAS NOT REVIEWED OR APPROVED ITS CONTENT. THE OPINIONS AND INFORMATION ON THIS SITE DO NOT COME FROM ***** **** AND ***** **** WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION ON THIS SITE."

11. Is there anything off-limits on the forum?

Yes. We are not allowed to discuss anything related to bank products or mutual fund products. Obviously you are also not allowed to post anything that might be considered a trade secret. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy in upholding these rules.

12. Can my team members join the forum.

No. Again the forum is for agents only. Consideration is being given to creating a section of the forum solely for team members, but the heavy turnover of team members creates a logistical nightmare.

13. Once an agent joins, is their agency status ever verified again?

Yes. Due to the fact that some agents quit, get fired, or go into management, the agency status of all the members is verified every 6-12 months. This is a very time-consuming task and another reason why there is a membership fee to join.

14. Can I access the forum from my SF workstations?

Yes, you are able to access the forum from any computer with an internet connection. We are not suggesting that you use your workstations, as this is a personal decision of the agent. SF equipment is to be use for business purposes only. We tend to think that a forum designed solely for SF agents and filled with ideas for your agency is business but that decision is up to each individual agent.

15. Can I access the forum from my smartphone?

Yes, you can access the forum from any smartphone. For iPhone & Android users, there is a custom app for accessing the forum.

16. Can I sneak a peak at the forum before I join?

Yes, we can give you a temporary username and password to visit the forum before you join. You will still need to be able to prove your agency status before this is done. However, this does create a tremendous amount of work for the administrator, so we would prefer that you just join and we will gladly refund your money if you are unhappy for any reason.

17. What have other agents said about the forum?

Glad you asked! Here is a link to dozens of agent testimonials:

http://www.sfagentsforum.com/showthread.php?t=258

18. How do I join?

Here is the link with full instructions:

http://www.sfagentsforum.com/showthread.php?t=54

You may email any questions, comments or concerns to: sfagentgeoffdarst@gmail.com. We welcome any communication from you. We will respond as promptly as possible
Closed Thread

Tags
asked, common, faq, frequently, questions, rules